Green Jungle Park and Hoi Khua Waterfall
Green Jungle Park and Hoi Khua waterfall are about 45 minutes south of Luang Prabang. Located in Ban Pak Leung, on the west side of the river, it is accessible via land or boat. However, choosing to go by boat tends to be the better option. Otherwise, it can be a bumpy dusty ride from Ban Xiengmen or Ban Channuea to Pak Leung and not any cheaper in terms of transportation. This can be a great stop for the adventurous interested in getting out in nature for some zip-lining activities and fun. Even if everyone is not so keen on strapping into a harness, it’s not such a bad place to enjoy some time in nature and take in your jungle surroundings. A truck operated by Green Jungle Park provides transportation between the boat dock and the park. It’s about a 10-minute ride one-way on a dirt road. Guests ride in the back of the truck – Lao style. Note there can be a short wait for the truck if they are in between dropping off and picking up guests. Once you’ve reached the main entrance, enjoy the park.
Café & Picnic Area
There’s a small café to sit and have a coffee or snack should you like. It’s a hop, skip and a jump from the drop off location at the main entrance and not far from a large picnic area often enjoyed by happy locals on weekends and holidays. Moreover, take a stroll through the jungle for a visit to the lovely flower garden.
From the main entrance, wind your way down the wooden steps and pathway surrounded by jungle for a visit to Green Jungle Park’s lovely flower garden. It’s a nice stroll and takes about 30 to 45 minutes depending on your pace and interest in flora and fauna. For the more serious green thumbs and plant enthusiasts we would also recommend a visit to Pha Tad Ke (Botanical Gardens) or Mekong Eden Farm (Organic & Sustainable).
Green Jungle Park offers zip lining adventures and rope courses to full day trekking and zip-lining combo adventures. The office for activities is beside the café and visible from the drop off location at the entrance. Our options and information included in our itineraries concentrate mostly on GJP’s shorter length activities. This allows for more flexibility to combine other activities or sites into your day.
- Zip-Line Adventure – The main course is 1,300m long with 15 stations and reaching as high as 55m in one area. Approx. activity time: 45min.
- Rope Course Adventure – This course is reasonably lower to the ground and includes obstacles such as a monkey bridge, steps and spider rope. Approx. activity time: 30min.
- Zip-Line & Rope Course Adventure – A combination of both courses for those who want to do it all. Approx. activity time: 1hr 30min.
Trek to the Hoi Khua Waterfalls.
This trek is restricted to guided experiences only with a Green Jungle Park guide. Approx. activity time: 2hr
- * Restrictions (Zip-Lining): Participants must be a minimum of 5-years. Participants’ weight must not exceed 120kg.
- *Kids are accompanied by qualified staff and assistant on all activities.
- *Proper sized harnesses and equipment for kids are available.
- *Lao Green Group Ltd. assures their “Jungle Flight” staff are highly trained to assist customers participating in all zip-lining and rope activities.
- *All equipment is maintained and inspected on a regular basis.